top of page

Nigerian Army sacks soldiers involved in kidnapping, robbery

  • Writer: Admin
    Admin
  • Sep 23, 2019
  • 1 min read

The Nigerian Army on Sunday says it has dismissed three soldiers arrested in Maiduguri outskirts in Borno State.

Maj.-Gen. Olusengun Adeniyi, the Theater Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, made this disclosure on Sunday.

He said that the soldiers were initially deployed to the Operation Lafiya Dole, but engaged in nefarious activities such as kidnapping, armed robbery, killings and cultism.

Adeniyi added that the erring soldiers were dismissed in accordance with the military procedures, warning that the army would not condone criminals in its fold.

“The three soldiers were caught among the evil group, there was further resistance and attempt to escape, so we tied them up with ropes because handcuffs were not available.

“In addition; we could not put violent men that do these kind of crimes into a police van to take to the station, there will be breakout on the road and we know what would happened.

“We have to restrain them thoroughly with ropes before we take them and handover to the police.

“The Acting GOC, 7 Division, Brig.-Gen. AK Ibrahim has conducted military procedures. We do not keep armed robbers, kidnappers and cultists in the army, they had been dismissed.”

Comments


Nigerian Youth Movement -NYM

This movement is designed to enable Nigerian youths;home and away to unite as one and fight for good governance. This movement is NOT affiliated with any politician.

Email: nigerianyouthmovt@gmail.com

Phone: +234-817-549-2228

Address: Abuja, Nigeria

Don't Be Left Behind, Subscribe for  Updates

Thanks for submitting!

© 2019 by Nigerian Youth Movement (NYM)  |   Privacy Policy

bottom of page