top of page

Blatter, Platini’s eight-year bans reduced to six

  • Writer: Admin
    Admin
  • Feb 24, 2016
  • 1 min read

FIFA has reduced the bans of Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini from eight years to six.

The former FIFA president and UEFA chief, last week appealed their eight-year suspension from all football-related activity, over a £1.3million “disloyal payment” made to Platini.

A FIFA statement read: “The FIFA appeal committee, chaired by Larry Mussenden (Bermuda), has partially confirmed the decisions taken by the adjudicatory chamber of the independent ethics committee on 17 and 18 December 2015 regarding Joseph S Blatter and Michel Platini respectively, whose bans have been reduced from eight to six years.”

Blatter has however said he will take his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

“I am very disappointed by the appeal committee of FIFA and I will take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne,” the Swiss said in a statement through his spokesman.

コメント


Nigerian Youth Movement -NYM

This movement is designed to enable Nigerian youths;home and away to unite as one and fight for good governance. This movement is NOT affiliated with any politician.

Email: nigerianyouthmovt@gmail.com

Phone: +234-817-549-2228

Address: Abuja, Nigeria

Don't Be Left Behind, Subscribe for  Updates

Thanks for submitting!

© 2019 by Nigerian Youth Movement (NYM)  |   Privacy Policy

bottom of page